So what's the big announcement on Friday

GAFA

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not hard to run it as a downloadable PDF, that bit is a cinch, but they would need either a decent host with plenty of resources or to host it externally, as with 7,000 odd plus members hitting the download button on a many page full colour PDF within basically 72 hours of each other once per month...thats some serious download capability... not within the realms of a normal host account...but certainly attainable at a reasonable cost.

I agree it should simply be a PDF link on the website and on the Facebook page. An external app should be optional.

The big announcement is a launch of more useless Fluff.. not tackling the real issues like being forced around CTA or RA into mountains, ocean , outback...MTOW or getting flight reviews in RAAus aircraft...

I dont often bag RAAus but this makes me really angry - Typical Canberra crap! Grab the whole organisation, stop the work get some photos and make it look like your doing something rather than tackling the big difficult issues that would really promote safety...

Instead they should have taken all the staff and sat on the transport ministers steps until he guaranteed to listen to them about CASA not listening in regards to CTA MTOW ...

• Agree 1

Well if I was actually expecting anything useful I would have been disappointed ... unfortunately I am not disappointed

Though with this level of 'build the excitement watch this space' announcement followed by this I am suspecting we might have missed the real announcement that RAA HQ has been outsourced the CASA 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

A total waste of money as far as I can see.

And the build up is typical politician speak.

I wonder how much of our money we are paying spin doctors to come up with that crap.

I thought safety was something that needed to be considered all the time.

• Agree 2

This is the exact crap that RAAus should be avoiding...this makes me think these guys are a bunch of photo happy politicians, not interested in real outcomes...I dont think i have ever been critical of RAAus till today (happy to be proven wrong) but this just destroyed my faith in them.

• Agree 1

[ATTACH=full]37974[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]37975[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]37976[/ATTACH]

tongue in cheek ...

RAA must have been too busy with other 'announcements' to query the compliance of your regn numbering to their own requirements for a solid font ... 065_evil_grin.gif.2006e9f40863555e5894f7036698fb5d.gif

• Haha 1

Pm the announcement seems to be the introduction of a safety week (or month I can't remember already!) with reflective vests and pointless mumbo jumbo:puzzled:035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif

Canberra seems to have the ability to remove people from reality and place them in a mindset that has them seeing the rest of us mere mortals as incompetent, illiterate dopes.

• Agree 7