How has COVID 19 affected your flying or intended flying

SSCBD

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Machtuk

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6145949551001

Some in the media are starting to catch on.

Covid-19 scare for the mathematical illiterate.

I've always believed that the 'cure' is far worse than the 'bite' It's going to have far reaching long term devistating effects for ALL of us! Our economy is stuffed, generations after us will be paying for the 'free money' our future is now unknown and our mental health? Well only time will tell what damage has been hidden within the community!

The grubby media have fed the hysteria the whole time and continue to do so!

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6145949551001

Some in the media are starting to catch on.

Covid-19 scare for the mathematical illiterate.

"Sky News host Andrew Bolt says “the evidence is becoming overwhelming” that the danger of the deadly coronavirus “was wildly exaggerated” and is nothing like what we’ve been told. In New South Wales the rate of new infections of the pandemic have actually been declining in past days."

Yes because social isolation is working!

Predictions of thousands getting it are what would happen IF we did not take action. Bolts assertion is ridiculous.

If you don't take action A then consequence X will will happen, we take action A so X doesn't happen and the likes Bolt say "see, X did not happen therefore it was silly to take action A". Illogical.

We know what the consequences of acting too late are, we can see it in Italy, Spain, the US.

Why is the rate of infection backing off in NSW? Because of the measures Bolt says are unnecessary.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

I've always believed that the 'cure' is far worse than the 'bite' It's going to have far reaching long term devistating effects for ALL of us! Our economy is stuffed, generations after us will be paying for the 'free money' our future is now unknown and our mental health? Well only time will tell what damage has been hidden within the community!

The grubby media have fed the hysteria the whole time and continue to do so!

I’m not a subscriber so can not read the full back ground to the Bolt article and just why he makes the claims he do.

Perhaps Bolt is referencing this:

Via: Australia’s very low death rate is due to younger patients, plenty of tests « JoNova

“...Australia has tested 230,000 people or about 1% of the population, and since most of those tests were aimed at travellers they have found the infected younger cohort, unlike countries with less testing. Australia has done slightly more tests per capita than South Korea (which has done about 400,000 tests on a population of 52m)...”

Of note - Jo Nova has been an ardent lock-down proponent from the get-go.

http://joannenova.com.au/

The point is our infection rates are a function of the precautions we have taken as well as demographics.

People often bring up Singapore as an example of success and this at least at this stage appears to be true. The difference is that Singapore due to its history with SARS was prepared, it listened to ist experts in the field and the people trust the government advice.

I would prefer that Australia dealt with covid in a similar way to Singapore but the problem is we waited too long. In Singapore people put an app on their phone which will track their location and if they prove to be infected their contacts can be tracked down. Imagine the outcry if we did that here.

I suspect that as the rate of new infections begins to moderate and fall to a reasonable level then we may be able to relax some aspects of the response and introduce other aspects such as temperature measuring.

The trouble with the Bolt argument is that if the numbers start to fall he says "look over reaction" if the number keeps climbing then he would be saying "isolation doesn't work"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdDpmAt3lxo:1548

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Here’s a thought...

Winter is coming... to Australia.

Colds and common flu run rampant during winter.

Imagine catching the China virus when you have a cold or the common flu.

Perhaps if yer relatively young and healthy now is the time to have the China virus before you have to fight the annual cold...?

NUF fer now, the day beckons.....?

I am not supposed to go to my hangar anymore. I usually fly weekly or less. Depending on how long the lock down rules continue I would like to inhibit the engine. I would drive there, not see anyone, complete the job & drive home.

The current rules for leaving the house in NSW are

• Work, if a person can't work from home
  • School or an educational institution
  • Shops for food and other essential items
  • Get medical care
  • Exercise, but only if the exercise is done alone or with one other person

Beyond this there are these exemptions

• Fleeing an unsafe home, so to avoid injury or illness
  • Dealing with an emergency or on compassionate grounds
  • Providing care or helping a vulnerable relative/person
  • Taking your child to childcare
  • Attending a wedding (adhering to the five-person limit) or a funeral (adhering to a 10-person limit)
  • Moving house or moving between two places of residence
  • Donating blood
  • Fulfilling legal obligations
  • Accessing support services such as employment services, mental services etc
  • Fulfilling parental sharing arrangements of children (the Government says those conditions shouldn't change and children can move between homes)
  • Going to a place of worship or to provide pastoral care, if you are a priest, minister or member of a religious order.

None of these apply to me wanting to ensure my aircraft is kept in good condition so it will be fit to fly when everything is all over. The only options I have are do nothing or risk getting stopped & hope that the cops will be OK with my excuse which would likely be just going to the Supermarket (less than 1km from the Hangar) then checking the plane is secure. Won't see or talk to anyone. I reckon most cops would be OK with that but if not I will be up to $11,000.00 poorer.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I am not supposed to go to my hangar anymore. I usually fly weekly or less. Depending on how long the lock down rules continue I would like to inhibit the engine. I would drive there, not see anyone, complete the job & drive home.

• Get medical care

• Attending a wedding (adhering to the five-person limit) or a funeral (adhering to a 10-person limit)
  • Donating blood
  • Fulfilling parental sharing arrangements of children (the Government says those conditions shouldn't change and children can move between homes)
  • Going to a place of worship or to provide pastoral care, if you are a priest, minister or member of a religious order.

None of these apply to me wanting to ensure my aircraft is kept in good condition so it will be fit to fly when everything is all over. The only options I have are do nothing or risk getting stopped & hope that the cops will be OK with my excuse which would likely be just going to the Supermarket (less than 1km from the Hangar) then checking the plane is secure. Won't see or talk to anyone. I reckon most cops would be OK with that but if not I will be up to $11,000.00 poorer.

It's a legal obligation to correctly maintain your aircraft, or your hangar could be a place of worship perhaps.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The point is our infection rates are a function of the precautions we have taken as well as demographics.

People often bring up Singapore as an example of success and this at least at this stage appears to be true. The difference is that Singapore due to its history with SARS was prepared, it listened to ist experts in the field and the people trust the government advice.

I would prefer that Australia dealt with covid in a similar way to Singapore but the problem is we waited too long. In Singapore people put an app on their phone which will track their location and if they prove to be infected their contacts can be tracked down. Imagine the outcry if we did that here.

I suspect that as the rate of new infections begins to moderate and fall to a reasonable level then we may be able to relax some aspects of the response and introduce other aspects such as temperature measuring.

The trouble with the Bolt argument is that if the numbers start to fall he says "look over reaction" if the number keeps climbing then he would be saying "isolation doesn't work"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdDpmAt3lxo:1548

Taking medical advice (or advice on any other subject) from Andrew Bolt is like taking ethics advice from Donald Trump.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

I think we have a legal obligation to maintain our planes so that they will be safe to operate next time we fly.

Exactly, try not doing the storage servicing on a state owned aircraft and see what they throw at you for not carrying out the legal requirements.

" Work, if a person can't work from home "

It IS Work !.

Love your job.

It IS exercise.

It will be Educational for you.

To do or Not to do.

That is a compelling excuse.

spacesailor

The parked up airlines have continual maintenance workers looking after them your plane is no different. They cannot be left unattended same as your skills.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Another option is to pay a LAME to inhibit the engine for you. He is doing it as his job and it is currently legal for him to do so. We have ordered a new cover for our aircraft and will ask the LAME to put it on for us when it arrives.

• Like 1

Something to keep in mind.

The police have no restraint and you have no protections at this time.

jstor.org/stable/20634827?seq=1

It's an old paper about the limits of the state's power's when they declare a state of emergency.

In a nut shell there is no limit, there is no rule of law and they can do what they want. The only restraint on this power is civil unrest. While most of the population is cheering these lock downs on, the real risk here is the totalitarian government rising to the cheers of the masses.

Covid 19 scare for the mathematical illiterate.

While most of the population is cheering these lock downs on,

Who is cheering it? Not me, I am losing plenty. What I don't want (but you are maybe ok with this) is Italy or Spain or the US.

Please explain the maths for mathematical illiterates like me (and the virologists and epidemiologists of the world)

I am eagerly awaiting your maths lesson.

Guest Machtuk

• Get medical care

• Donating blood

I go to my hangar and fly, it's a safety requirment to make sure the planes are secure and safe. You are allowed to get in yr car to drive somewhere for excersise, you also are allowed to go meet a friend ( only 1) for a coffee, it's all on the Govt health website, it's the hysteria and fearmongering that has everyone in a panic!

Who is cheering it? Not me, I am losing plenty. What I don't want (but you are maybe ok with this) is Italy or Spain or the US.

Please explain the maths for mathematical illiterates like me (and the virologists and epidemiologists of the world)

I am eagerly awaiting your maths lesson.

Sure.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/Lookup/by%20Subject/3303.0~2017~Main%20Features~Deaths%20due%20to%20influenza~5

The 2017-18 flu was way worse than covid-19 it's not even close.

For all those who say but vaccine it did not work to well in 17-18

Edited by SplitS