RAAus to disclose member details

KRviator

• 3 months later...

Well RAAus have done a deal now with AAA. 

1. All AAA members will be able to access full member name and address so reassurance Frank had they would not see personal data not Bourne out. 

2. They appear to think that adding a line to a privacy statement saying private info will be shared “for the purposes of collecting fees associated with airport use and access.” Makes it permitted.  

On no.2 it would be lovely if as a holder of private information you could legally avoid problems by changing the rules to deem consent to use after you have collected the data ... privacy commissioners might not share that view. 

• Like 3

Just wondering if RA-AUS had tried to negotiate a fixed discounted pricing model for RA aircraft operating on AAA controlled airfields or has RA-AUS  made this agreement to further the desire to please CASA and  the planned expansion to register GA aircraft and their operators.

Am I wrong,

G registered aircraft no longer have to paint their rego on their aircraft.

RAA aircraft are still required to Show their rego numbers.

spacesailor

“ G registered “ as in UK registered aircraft ? 

And have you dealt with AVdata?

A totally corrupt private organisation. No likelihood your information will be safe, much Lee's charged accurately. A landing fee is between you and the organisation charging it. If you feel like this, pay the airfield operator direct. Don't give AVdata a 30 plus percent fee.

I’m not sure this is valid. I’ve been getting GA landing fees through avdata for years and their charge is the same as the airfield fee listed in the ERSA. Can’t see that if you went direct to an operator that uses avdata they’d accept less than the advertised fee. No evidence but I’d have doubts (and they may not actually let you either). 

They ( avdata) Can be a  pain because they use all sorts of means to identify aircraft that can be in error. ( recordings where mis-translation can occur, flight notifications submitted to air services but flights not actually done due diversions etc ) but when I’ve contacted them about them they have always cancelled without any problem. 

So I think to throw avdata into the mix at this point is just going to muddy the water. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Am I wrong,

G registered aircraft no longer have to paint their rego on their aircraft.

RAA aircraft are still required to Show their rego numbers.

spacesailor

No that’s not correct. VH aircraft - Don’t have to display them on the underside of the wing now. Still have to have them on the sides of the fuselage though and the size has decreased. 

And all of this misinterpretation of call signs and everything else instantly disappears the moment you have ADSB transponders because it sends out everything they need to charge you automatically.   As soon this equipment is fitted there is no way of getting away with anything.

Big Brother is taking over the skies and using technology to do it !

I've missed most of this, but l never visit any airport that charges a landing fee.

l have the advantage of my own air strip but can't understand why we should be paying landing fees on any public air strip when we all pay rates and taxes.

We own the bloody air strips. 

Its all about greed, this country is far too over populated therfore needing more and more money for inferstructure and local, state and federal governments try anything to screw more money out of anyone they can, at the same time digging their snouts deeper into the bucket.

When we were the AUF we had one purpose in mind, flying for enjoyment and affordabuility.

now we have let the gold diggers take over, they poured honey down our ear's and said they would improve things, well as far as l can see we have all been bent over a barrel.

Remember when councillors were volunteers ? And AUF Board members didn't ask for truck loads of money.

By now , with all the money we have paid in membership fees over all these years we should own our own airfields all over the country.

But lease a penthouse in Canberra for those that are supposed to have our best interests in mind.

Then they sell us out, l remember when we couldn't fly above 300ft it took more than time to get that changed and not a lot has changed for the better since.

lve had my gripe now, l guess most of you wont remember Brian Gabriel , he seen all this coming over 30 years ago,

and when he tried to give us an alternitive he was shot down in flames.

• Like 1

I've missed most of this, but l never visit any airport that charges a landing fee.

l have the advantage of my own air strip but can't understand why we should be paying landing fees on any public air strip when we all pay rates and taxes.

We own the bloody air strips. 

Its all about greed, this country is far too over populated therfore needing more and more money for inferstructure and local, state and federal governments try anything to screw more money out of anyone they can, at the same time digging their snouts deeper into the bucket.

When we were the AUF we had one purpose in mind, flying for enjoyment and affordabuility.

now we have let the gold diggers take over, they poured honey down our ear's and said they would improve things, well as far as l can see we have all been bent over a barrel.

Remember when councillors were volunteers ? And AUF Board members didn't ask for truck loads of money.

By now , with all the money we have paid in membership fees over all these years we should own our own airfields all over the country.

But lease a penthouse in Canberra for those that are supposed to have our best interests in mind.

Then they sell us out, l remember when we couldn't fly above 300ft it took more than time to get that changed and not a lot has changed for the better since.

lve had my gripe now, l guess most of you wont remember Brian Gabriel , he seen all this coming over 30 years ago,

and when he tried to give us an alternitive he was shot down in flames..

Gary   I dont fly into airfields that charge landing fees because I think its a rip off by the local council who should be doing it as part of their responsibilities. If by chance I had the need to fly into one of these then I would pay the required fees. Then again thats me and my moral code but there are many out there who dont live by the same ethos. It is typical of today where govt's etc are legislating for the lowest common denominator..in other words the deadwood in our society. If anyone is offended by that statement...good because you must be some of that dead wood. People need to be responsible for their own actions again...dont start me on this topic..... 095_cops.gif.bf9c4367da4dca2cc75d8bb22815f280.gif

There's no landing fees at the Childers Qld airstrip, but it costs Council $5,000 per year to maintain and only a few hangar owners are local residents contributing rates to that Regional Council.  It used to cost $15,000 per year and Council were talking about demolishing the old toilet block (it cost about $5,000 to clean) so the Club took over the cleaning and provisioning, the mowing, spraying and maintaining of Council land.  In return the Council only charges $55/pa for the lease the hangars sit on.  But it still costs them $5,000 for wind socks, cones; major grading, drainage, access road, toilet painting, pump & cistern replacements, crusher dust, earthworks, survey etc.

The Club puts in many hours of volunteer labour and about $1,700 in insurance, $2,500 in fuel, mower repairs & depreciation, toilet supplies, tea, coffee & milk etc so that other aviators can enjoy the strip and amenities for free.  Visitors are welcome to give the Club a donation.  Membership was increased to $70 to cover increasing costs in this area, but few begrudged the need to do so.  I believe this model could be proposed to Council's struggling to justify the costs of maintaining small airstrips.

• Like 2
  • Informative 2

Do you expect to have a say in the running of Telstra or whatever phone provider you use. Do you have a say in the running of your electricity provider.

Why would you expect to have a say in the running of RAAus.

You voted your rights away some time ago. If ELAAA ever gets up, those who use it will not have rights to control it, but I am certain that it’s management would be better than RAAus.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Interesting about Childers.

My local strip is owned by the cattle station owner. We pay the owner for insurance and also have a levy to cover our maintenance costs. Total $420 pa. Plus we mow or do work as needed. It makes flying affordable, of course we have to provide the hangars for ourselves.

And while you lot are at it, you’d better get on to your respective motoring registration authorities who disclose your information to local councils when you overstay a parking meter.  Which by the way is a hell of a lot more than you’ll ever have to pay by way of landing fees

Council parking infringements are issued as part of a law enforcement activity under Road Safety legislation and, if unpaid, are dealt with in the criminal courts.

Landing fees are civil matters.

• Agree 1

Can’t see that if you went direct to an operator that uses avdata they’d accept less than the advertised fee. 

I went straight to an operator. The fee was less without the avdata surcharge but they could not accept the money as it would be "breach of contract" with avdata.

They have that base covered....

Just FYI,     Clare Valley (YCVA)  is currently closed for works on the main strip (35,17).

Owned and operated by the Clare Valley Flying Group Inc. of which I'm a member and hangar owner.

No landing fees are charged and fuel (100LL) is available with 24hrs prior request .

Upgrading to bitumen seal on the main runway with PAL......hoping to re-open 2nd week of April....fingers crossed !

Group membership fees of $110pa , lease for hangar (12m X 12m ) $900pa , council rates $700pa ( for bugga all ).

https://www.clarevalleyaerodrome.com.au/

It's ironic that identity theft, online privacy, security and personal details in general is a hot topic these days.

Main stream media is straight on to any large company with data breaches.

Yet here we have a "company" that intends to reverse previous policy, without member/client approval, and hand out what was previously private information. 

Sounds like the AOPA patent saga mark two.....

Maybe you should take this up with the pilot's advocate, AOPA, who can argue on your behalf.  Or you could contact each board member whose contact details appear on Sports Flyer 

Do you expect to have a say in the running of Telstra or whatever phone provider you use. Do you have a say in the running of your electricity provider.

Why would you expect to have a say in the running of RAAus.

You voted your rights away some time ago. If ELAAA ever gets up, those who use it will not have rights to control it, but I am certain that it’s management would be better than RAAus.

You can walk away from Telstra or your power company. You can have a say in the operation of RAAus, vote, got to a meeting, write to the CEO, President or board members. If you go with ELAAA you will just be a customer - get into the queue!!

My objection with going to a company structure is that it is a smoke screen for the greatest range of corporate bastardry.  The ASIC rules might be suitable for big companies but impose too many baseless rules and anti-democratic processes on small companies.