Cut red tape..namely, the unwanted ASIC

quentas

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done.Everyone needs to submit this and boycott the ASIC card.

If the department loses money then they will shut it down.

Boycott is not an option if you use major airports - strict liability offence, and no access to your aircraft.

Of course they are here to stay, the money is too good for government to allow it to lapse. I have to undergo a police check to allow me to continue delivering "Meals on wheels"

The fact that I have an ASIC can be used as a secondary proof of identity document. It rates equally with a pensioner concession card amongst others. I will be very surprised if it ever goes away, and boycotting does us no good, but could cause a conviction and fine if we don't have it and are caught where we shouldn't be.

Done!

In 6 years of holding an ASIC, I have been asked for it on one occasion only, and this in NSW. Never have I been asked for it in Regional South Australia. My submission certainly made it clear that I question the effectiveness of this overkill approach.

The simple proof of how useless an ASIC is, just try to use it as ID elsewhere and you get asked 'have you got a library card instead?'. Also why cant you get an ASIC automatically when you return the old ASIC instead of starting from scratch all the time?

Of course we all know how useless an ASIC is, but if it is in fact here to stay, they could at least have it replace the paper pilots licence... Maybe that could be an alternative to lobby for.

• Informative 1

I made a submission in any case. Not holding my breath, I asked them to consider its application to private pilots operating small aircarft into regional Australia aerodromes. I didn't ask to drop the ASIC completely.

• Agree 3

Maybe lots of them because you do not need an ASIC at Archerfield.

Hello fly hi

I've never been to Archerfield but its a Certified Aerodrome so I'm curious why you say no ASIC required?

Kaz

Here's a none flying one !. If a two wheel passenger vehicle doesn't need registration or insurance, why doe's a two wheel none passenger trailer need CTP, REGO, and if other than a 6x4, separate insurance . and $162 tax if over 345 kgms.

spacesailor.