Aviation classifieds down to 13 aircraft

pmccarthy

And a single valve radio. .  I'm NOT saying "don't do anything"... It's just that PLANES eat money unless you fly a true basic  jigger and do most of it yourself. THAT after all was the basis of the OLD AUF & RAAus.. .Nev

3 minutes ago, facthunter said:

And a single valve radio. .  I'm NOT saying "don't do anything"... It's just that PLANES eat money unless you fly a true basic  jigger and do most of it yourself. THAT after all was the basis of the OLD AUF & RAAus.. .Nev

The very reason I bought a low budget machine to start with,  I can pimp it with goodies if and when I feel like it 🙂 

• Like 2

Correction to my Rant ?.

I did sell my first car.

the new owner came back a couple of months late, claiming he was charged with " steering-track-rod-end & a ball joint ", for it's WOF (PINK-SLIP ) after getting under the car, I found he'd been ripped of.

So I called the cops, and that garage lost its WOF licence,

The new owner wasn.t even pleased.

spacesailor

• Like 1

I have had the chance to view Skippy's aircraft - not inspect it, and discuss the necessary repairs that would put this aircraft back in the air. Luckily there is a photographic record of the cause of the ground impact and this record is consistent with the pilot's report of the incident. The damage to the aircraft is also consistent with the pilot's report and the photographic evidence of the cause.

The aircraft basically had a "belly landing' after the undercarriage was broken. As the impact occurred at the landing flare, the speed would have been in the low 30 kt range. The undercarriage legs fractured equidistantly above the reference point of the main gear axles. The frame for the front wheel was damaged. The firewall does not appear to have been affected. The engine has been certified for return to service. Obviously a new prop is required.

This model of aircraft can be purchased from the manufacturer in kt form. Therefore there are good, clear instructions for the removal and replacement of the undercarriage components. There are some small patch up jobs to be done to the lower engine cowl and some fabric repair to the flaps. All the required parts are available from the manufacturer.The major cost input to this repair, apart from replacement parts, would be the labour costs, since time is money. If the purchaser was a DIYer, then the final cost of this aircraft would represent the aircraft as is, plus parts and consumables. In comparison to the purchase price of the same make and model of aircraft, this sale represents good value. Price is not stated, but open to reasonable offers.

Cosmetically the aircraft is in good condition. It has been, and still is hangared in a weather-proof building. The aircraft has the wings and tailplane removed from the fuselage, making transport by large car float a reasonable means to bringing it home. 

In comparison to the purchase price of the same make and model of aircraft, this sale represents good value. Price is not stated, but open to reasonable offers.

And Skippy didn't ask me to write this.

I had phone chat with Skippy about this recently, and again, what you've said is consistent with his chat to me.
I do not doubt that someone with the necessary skills and time would be getting a bargain. But I am not that person.

Sometime ago, one of my instructors said, "never fly in a home built aircraft, unless you've built it yourself"
My retort, "I would never want to fly in something I built!!!!"

BTW, another aircraft has just hit the market, and it is here in W.A. (It's on planesales and gumtree)

A Bantam with a Jab 2200. Very well priced. Tempted, except for the fact the wife looked at the photo and said, "Enjoy it on your own, I'm not getting in that"
If I were to buy it, I would still need hangar space, engine servicing/maintenace would be the same as a bigger aircraft, Jab 160/170, so holding costs would be the same as a Brumby, Lightwing etc, and I would have to hire another aircraft to take the wife anywhere.

Or to fly on my own, it has a cruise speed of 65Kts from memory, Muchea to Busselton for breakfast, approx 145 miles........I would get there for afternoon tea I think.

My 2cents worth... I love reading about everyone else’s aircraft! I’ve recently purchased another aircraft myself, and many of you gave advice. But I’m always checking out what everyone else flies, looking at the bio’s then going to websites to check out details of each aircraft. I really enjoy it when someone like Skippy talks about the Faeta. I like his enthusiasm. If he hadn’t thrown the Faeta’s into conversations I wouldn’t have known about it nor explored the possibility of owning one myself.

so, I reckon, if someone keeps mentioning an aircraft because they’re passionate about them, there just might be people out there who do take a closer look, regardless of wether the agent was the person mentioning it.

• Like 3

There are many options available to get you in the air if its the flying that you are after. If commuting or speed are important then your options go a different direction. Power paragliders, trikes, gliders, gyrocopters are recreational flying machines that will safely get you into the air and can be very inexpensive depending on which way you go.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say those users who are getting a security warning have a "top brand name" AV system on their computers. These programmes are often way over the top with their security settings. 

I don't have any top-level security system on my computer, just a free Malwarebytes program. The classifieds open just fine for me. I'm using Windows 7 Pro and Chrome browser. 

Google will tell me if a site security certificate is expired, and will block my access to sites they regard as "unsafe". I think Google are probably a bit over the top in their security approach, too.

I gave up on Norton and Symantec and McAfee years ago, because they are so domineering on your computer, they invade everything, take computer control out of your hands, and do a lot of things you don't want to do. They also use up a lot of memory.

They are overly suspicious of every single change you want to make, and they're basically a PIA. John McAfee is a crook, and I wouldn't trust Norton or Symantec any more than I'd trust McAfee.

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, onetrack said:

I gave up on Norton and Symantec and McAfee years ago, because they are so domineering on your computer, they invade everything, take computer control out of your hands, and do a lot of things you don't want to do. They also use up a lot of memory.

They are overly suspicious of every single change you want to make, and they're basically a PIA. John McAfee is a crook, and I wouldn't trust Norton or Symantec any more than I'd trust McAfee.

Norton and McAfee are basically self installed viruses.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I cetainly agreed that Norton and Macafee were pretty over the top.. but I am typing this from a Macafee protected PC and I have to say, it has improved immensly... And no, neither I, nor anyone I know has any vested interest in Macafee! Is Norton still going? I bought one of his books on the innards of the PC and, FFS, it was harder to read than Gray's Anatomy.

Anyway, back to the lack of aircraft for sale.. There is 12 currently on these classified.. Surely there are more RAA aircraft for sale in Aus? What are the other sites that are dedicated to RA aircraft for sale in Aus?

Perhaps the current unrest of RAA, with the max weight, dragging on, plus the price of fuel,

Also Bureaucratic red tape on everything aviation won,t help either. ( sixteen HBbuilders will tell others ).

It may make would be owners think of lesser sports, drift cars, ( 2 ), 4x4 touring. ( 8 in my family  ). Even. to throwing their money into that Big hole in Water, (Boating That is ).

spacesailor

• Informative 1

Boating is as expensive as keeping a RAA registered aircraft but has a lot less bureaucratic hassle. (Not none, but definitely less).

I've sold my aircraft and bought a sailboat for about the same price.

Self maintenance? No problem.

Modifications? No problem. MARAP? No problem.

Personal risk? Only my own responsibility.

And amateur modifications can kill me in my sailboat just as surely as they could in my Lightwing.

Third party injury probability with a aircraft is just as small as it is in my Yacht.

I'm now free of the RAA bureaucratic machine morphing into the defacto GA bureaucratic machine.

I sadly miss my flying but now I am more free to control my own risks and feel better off.

To each their own.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

8 hours ago, spacesailor said:

Perhaps the current unrest of RAA, with the max weight, dragging on, plus the price of fuel,

Also Bureaucratic red tape on everything aviation won,t help either. ( sixteen HBbuilders will tell others ).

It may make would be owners think of lesser sports, drift cars, ( 2 ), 4x4 touring. ( 8 in my family  ). Even. to throwing their money into that Big hole in Water, (Boating That is ).

spacesailor

Then, spacey, can I invite you to the..... dark side.... GA.. At least we expect the red tape... :laugh:

• Haha 1

Jerry-Atrick

Yes , I keep thinking I should,

BUT

If I can,t pass RAA test, there,s not much hope getting past a higher test.

Yes, Iv,e been looking at flying since I was 15 .

Bad education stops most things in this world.

spacesailor