Sport Pilot Magazine

ave8rr

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can just download the current issue of the magazine in PDF in seconds from RAAus website, that way you don't need to be on line continuously to read it and the hot links still work on the PC.

• Informative 2

Why has this month's SP been published under michael linke's account and not sport pilot one? Anyone that has subscribed to the sport pilot feed is not getting notified via Issuu

Why has this month's SP been published under michael linke's account and not sport pilot one? Anyone that has subscribed to the sport pilot feed is not getting notified via Issuu

Yeah, was wondering that myself as I was watching daily for the June issue to come up on subscription. Cest la vie

I`v tried several times to read Sport Pilot from, http://issuu.com/michaellinke/docs/sport_pilot_jun_2015 ...I havn`t been able to get it up on the screen to my satisfaction, so that I can read it well.... I might not be doing it right though.

I`ve just downloaded the June edition, pdf, from the RA-Aus web site....It`s very clear on my screen and I can read it well... I`m quite satisfied with it.

Frank.

• Agree 1

That link doesn't work for me and I can't find how to download from the RAAus site. can only find a link to a form , which I suppose is to get a paper copy.

That link doesn't work for me and I can't find how to download from the RAAus site. can only find a link to a form , which I suppose is to get a paper copy.

yeah it's well hidden, try log in then members portal/current and back issues/ sport pilot

Guest Andys@coffs

Yenn

Log on to the member portal, once done hover mouse over the member link, in the pop up menu hover over "Subscribe to Sport pilot here" note that when hovering over that one a new option opens up to the right, "Current and Back issues of digital sport pilot" move mouse over it and click.....you should then get what you need.

Its my personal view that navigation at the moment isn't exactly obvious......

Andy

Guest ozzie
And no offence meant to anybody ,but maybe some of the board who have only flown around in spam cans or plastic fantastics should jump in a 95.10 machine and just feel the feeling of really flying with the wind in your face { awesome }and the machine responding through the seat of your pants ,just an idea so that we dont get forgotten.

And TST Thrusters and Drifters don't count!

Magazine pdf, can also be downloaded by logging into the RA-Aus site,then entering, Sport Pilot pdf , in the search field ( On the right at the top of the page ) when the page comes up, choose, Current and back issues of the digital Sport Pilot, once the page comes up, simply download the magazine you want.

Frank

Jim is a good guy. Pity he feels the need to stay away from this forum since joining the board, but it is understandable.

I think he is super clever, It is a case of dammed if you do dammed if you don't....

Just imagine one gives something an absolute guts effort to gets it ticking over correctly and there is a good outcome.......Remember no goes and does something deliberately incorrect.......There will always be the ones that yell and scream and say how useless you are.... So why bother getting on here....

Regards

KP.

• Agree 1

And TST Thrusters and Drifters don't count!

Sorry Ozzie ,my mistake ,i should have said all real ULTRALIGHTS 95.10 and drifters and gemini,s etc to feel the wind in your hair and live the fun of real flying ,{not closed up inside a little world with electronics beeping and flashing etc}anyway ,,lets fly ULTRALIGHTS as the AUF was formed to cater for and use and enjoy the freedoms that some would want to use to enable them to fly ga because they are not entitalled to anymore for whatever reasons[medical/lame cost etc} and are slowly being eroded away as the line between raa and GA blurrs. I for one along with many many many other ULTRALIGHT pilots are waiting and would welcome a separation from the quasi GA clan of RAA..so bring on a breakaway group to cater for ULTRALIGHTS as this would effectivily kill RAA as so many members would leave {as they are finding out in the sports pilot bullshit}and casa.s new RPL which many will go to as the fees of RAA are spiralling out of control and the rpl has only one charge to get your LICENCE repeat LICENCE not CERTIFICATE and not be bitten every year as RAA has done.,,,,,,,, sorry mate ,,,,From one ULTRALIGHT pilot to another.............................

• Winner 1

lets fly ULTRALIGHTS as the AUF was formed to cater for and use and enjoy the freedoms that some would want to use to enable them to fly ga

What are these freedoms bull?

The second you got out of the paddocks and above 300 feet, and that was many years ago all the CARS and other CASA regulations applied.

We had quite a long thread some time back on the grass roots aircraft, and didn't find any current impediments to buying and flying them.

What are these freedoms bull?The second you got out of the paddocks and above 300 feet, and that was many years ago all the CARS and other CASA regulations applied.

We had quite a long thread some time back on the grass roots aircraft, and didn't find any current impediments to buying and flying them.

One light weight ,two medical exemptions three lighter "certificate training" four the ability to design build and ""FLY" an aircraft yourself, all freedoms that QUASI GA PILOTS ARE WRECKING BY DEMANDING MORE WEIGHT MORE ACCESS MORE EVERYTHING need i go on ....

• Agree 1

If you have the evidence. Nev

Read your latest sports pilot {if you have a computer or tablet that is }under OPS "manager or new rules or New requirements etc etc etc

Sport pilot at a new RRP of $8.80?

What is the point of printing, let alone changing the recommended retail price of a magazine that isn't offered at retail?

Could it only be to pull the wool over the eyes of the subscribers, to give the impression that they are getting even better value for their subscription?

Could it be that I am just getting old and cynical?

• Agree 2

Sport pilot at a new RRP of $8.80?What is the point of printing, let alone changing the recommended retail price of a magazine that isn't offered at retail?

Could it only be to pull the wool over the eyes of the subscribers, to give the impression that they are getting even better value for their subscription?

Could it be that I am just getting old and cynical?

I "agreed" your post for the first 3 paragraphs, not the last one saying you're cynical.

Guest Andys@coffs

Its true that when there were only 3 people in Australia that flew minimum aircraft, albeit in complete ignorance to the rules at the time, then there was little demand or need for anyone to do anything....Over time that 3 grew to the point that the minimum aircraft pilots started to kill themselves at a rate that was deemed unacceptable. From that time forward CASA put in place rules and has from time to time policed them vigorously.....So perhaps instead of blaming a particular segment of the team we can go back and blame the earliest flyers who because of their actions caused the regulatory regime we have today. What they did was simply too desirable to others on the ground and they emulated and added to the numbers which caused the problem.

So...take yourself of to a corner and wail and scream, in the hope that it makes you feel better..... Meanwhile I'll thank those earliest flyers for politically arranging for the system we have at the moment that allows us to fly, or kill ourselves as we see fit. I accept that rules and regulations change as time moves on, there isn't a single part of the Australian society that is immune to the same thing happening.

If we as a total team want the rate of change and regulation to slow then I suggest that we wont achieve that by further subdividing ourselves, especially where the point of distinction is completely irrelevant to the general public, they could care less if your particular mount is made of fiberglass or fabric over steel and flys at 40Kts or 140kts.... rather we need to be seen through real reductions in fatalities, to be less of a safety concern to their overseers (CASA). While its true that its more often than not the 140kt end of the spectrum that is killing themselves that is simply by virtue of the overwhelming numbers at that end of the spectrum. The double fatality in FNQ where the other end of the spectrum was involved shows that fatalities are possible across the entire spread. In fact the PPG's who up until only a few weeks ago were loudly trumpeting never a fatality in our type of aircraft.....now are at the same place as every one of us.....

Subdivision wont help especially as its the same CASA team that will oversee the now two groups.....

Andy

P.S I really hope we get to have this same discussion in a few months time, afterall its not like we have done it to death or anything

P.P.S I really hope that those who talk,.....and talk.....and talk some more....and again....about this issue get of their ar$e and go and do something about subdividing, to the point that they see that economies of scale work in the reverse direction too, and that CASA will allow them to set up as they desire just as soon as they pony up the necessary $$$$$$ to allow it to occur....with some luck, having done that the circular motion on this particular subject will simply fade away......but I guess I could also win lotto!

Talk is just that. I have been very pro the earlier types group, but that doesn't seem to count for anything. They have never been attacked like the occasional uprising, against GA people. Many Ex GA have been around long enough to have been involved with more basic stuff, and primitive gliders, wayback. Like it or not it is probably their critical mass that keeps this show going and is big enough to have the resources to address CASA on points of concern. If you only had the early stuff you would have no chance of survival. you could be wiped out with the stroke of a pen. You would be vulnerable at any time. You need all the friends you can get. Are you all getting behind Flyerme, who is much more than talk? Nev

• Agree 3

Am I missing something or have I made the wrong assumption? (Polite answers to that question please...054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif) When I renewed my membership recently I signed up to receive the magazine in hard copy. I assumed that I would also receive the electronic copy but so far I've only had the had copy delivered. No big deal but I'm wondering if those who haven't opted in for the print version will have to go looking for the electronic copy on the RAA site or whether a copy (PDF?) will be emailed to them. No hidden agenda behind this question - just genuine curiosity.

• Informative 1